SIMPLE HABITS TO MAKE YOURSELF BETTER... - Busy9ja | Nigeria's Prime Information Blog...

728x90 AdSpace

Friday 30 December 2016

SIMPLE HABITS TO MAKE YOURSELF BETTER...

How many "to-do" lists have you made and not followed through? How many "I'll change today" have gone by and you haven't even changed a bit. Months in, years out, you make resolutions that you hardly live by. When would these change? Well, you might choose now. In a couple of hours, we'll be stepping into the second half of the year-- just about the right time to make plans towards turning this year into your best ever. For you consumption, I have conjured 8 simple habits that can help you achieve this. I hope you find it useful. 1. Read books. That sounds cliché, right? Need I say that's the secret of most successful people. Only readers are leaders, remember.
2. Learn a trade and or start a business venture. Did you just say "I'm but a Student"? Yea, right. But I'm a student too-- I'm not asking you to do what I am not doing. That solves it, I suppose. The best time to start a business is right on Campus. It's an opportunity to pull your crowd, grow your brand and stop demanding from your parents. HELAS! You've just cut an edge over your peers.
















 3. Learn a new language. I am currently dabbling into French and I'm really enjoying it. This might not be for everyone anyways but I know you know languages are lovely and if you have an opportunity to learn another, why not?

 4. Wake up early. It's still true that the early bed catches the worm.


 5. Write a letter to your future self. This is actually a wonderful thing. I, being a keeper of diaries, was reading through my diary a few days ago and I stumbled at a letter I wrote to my future self two years ago and smiled. I felt rejuvenated and that euphoria of course, birthed this article. Now, pick a pen or open your MS Word and start writing. You'll thank me later for this, I bet you. And don't forget to address it to whom you dream becoming in the near future. "Your Excellency" seems good to me.

 6. Acknowledge your flaws. The ability to do this is one of the characteristics of true leaders.


 7. Stop Watching TV. You raised your eyebrow? I knew you would. Avoid avoidable distraction was all I insinuated. I supposed you 'dig' my point now. *winks* I wish you all the best on your journey to the realisation of your dream. Nothing is impossible. Conceive it, receive it and there you go, you've just achieved it. Merci beaucoup!
Written By :Oluwadamilola Akingbola
SIMPLE HABITS TO MAKE YOURSELF BETTER... Reviewed by Unknown on December 30, 2016 Rating: 5 How many "to-do" lists have you made and not followed through? How many "I'll change today" have gone by and you hav...

No comments: